Thursday, November 02, 2006

the first of many...hopefully


So I have recently become obsessed with the Dresden Dolls, and not just because of the music. Here is a girl that is completely open and out there and it's refreshing. And she's funny. And I'm beginning to realize that her great lyrics come from writing so much and just getting it all out. It's like a wake-up call. I've been a minimalist of words for so long that i just need to start elaborating and being fluffy with words. And maybe it will make me smarter and help me to spell, and perhaps even improve my vocabulary. I used to be really acute, but i think that's because i used to read a lot.

So anyway, it's a start. I'm going to start writing and from that, I'm going to start writing music. Why? because for one, it's great to sing other people's songs and get praise, but the feeling has to be orgasmic when someone is going crazy over something that you wrote yourself. and another reason: because i want to do this for the rest of my life. ever since i was...born...i have sang and danced around and that's the way i'm happiest. so that's it.

now i have to go set up at 42nd street, and i need to leave now because it's 4 and i was supposed to be there at 4, and i'm not and bryan is going to lay an egg.

bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home